M.S. Information Architecture and Interaction Design ⋅ University of Baltimore
Alpha Chi Honor Society
Interactive Designer ⋅ Tenable
July 2014 – Present
Optimizing the online customer experience for a growing cybersecurity company through design and development:
- Researching and implementing cutting edge technology in the fields of digital design and development
- Designing responsive and optimized web assets, including but not limited to web pages, microsites, Drupal views, Drupal templates and web graphics.
- Creating targeted online deliverables for paid marking campaigns
- Building, testing and optimizing HTML email campaigns
- Implementing and managing online testing, including A/B testing and remote user testing.
- Presenting recommendations based user research and online analytics
- Conducting browser and device testing
- Maintaining and enforcing the company's digital brand presence
Website Specialist ⋅ Jhpiego
July 2014 – Present
Works directly with Director of External Relations and Communications and Director of Individual Donors to execute Jhpiego's communications plan and fundraising strategy, promoting programs domestically and internationally. Accomplishments include improving alumni email open rate by 9% and creating collateral for Jhpiego’s first Visionary Award fundraiser presented to actress, Kristen Bell, and attended by celebrities including Adam Sandler. Responsibilities include:
- Designing and developing digital marketing materials, including, but not limited to websites, emails, and landing pages using HTML/CSS and responsive design.
- Designing conference and event collateral, including, but not limited to email and direct mail invitations, large format banners and digital presentations.
- Managing Jhpiego’s Alumni Connection and strategizing optimization and new marketing techniques with Social Media Specialist.
- Formulating, implementing, testing and continuously improving online fundraising strategies based on analytics, A/B testing, research and best practices.
- Managing and reporting online analytics for digital properties in platforms such as Google Analytics, Blackbaud’s Luminate Online (formerly Convio) and MailChimp email platform.
- Providing consulting on UX and SEO research and strategies.
- Serving as an admin for Jhpiego's main website through Drupal CMS.
- Providing marketing and branding oversight and recommendations for Jhpiego’s creative marketing materials.
- Building and administering Jhpiego’s signature event platform in TeamRaiser.
Lead UX/Interactive Designer ⋅ Catholic Relief Services
August 2011 — July 2014
Evaluate and improve the user experience of Catholic Relief Services’ online properties and communication from discovery research through visual design and development. Accomplishments include improving consignment sales generated by the CRS Fair Trade website by 14%, improving traffic to CRS’ Planned Giving web pages by 64% and implementing a website footer design on crs.org that earned nearly $43,000 in donations within the first month. Responsibilities include:
- Conducting usability analysis' of existing properties and proposing improvements based on analytics, research and best practices
- Setting up and moderating user research and testing, including card sorts, eye-tracking, click-testing, interviews and surveys
- Conducting, monitoring and analyzing multi-variant and A/B testing for websites and emails
- Developing user personas and task flows for target audiences
- Conducting content inventories and developing strategies for content and metadata structure/language
- Designing information architectures and sitemaps for new and/or improved websites
- Designing websites and other online interfaces in Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
- Developing front-end websites and online interfaces in HTML/CSS
- Evaluating the usability of back-end content management systems
- Designing web graphics including e-mail templates, banner ads, and Facebook memes
- Consulting on SEO optimization for metadata, naming conventions, web copy and SEM
- Performing analytical reporting for over fifteen CRS websites using Google Analytics
- Training staff and managing and mentoring summer interns
E-Commerce Specialist ⋅ Taipan Publishing Group
November 2009 — August 2011
Performed Internet marketing and e-commerce services for the web team of a financial research publishing house. Accomplishments included increasing unique web traffic by 15%, increasing online email conversions by 23% and implementing the first social media campaign. Responsibilities include:
- Managing website and email marketing campaigns
- Writing copy for website, online banners and other marketing campaigns
- Optimizing existing editorial copy for website SEO (search engine optimization)
- Managing social media campaigns on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube
- Building and updating website and email content and templates
- Tracking website SEO and email statistics using Google analytics and internal reporting software
- Brainstorming and implementing new marketing campaigns and analyzing results
- Conducting A/B testing and target segmentation using Lyris and other email clients
Information Architect ⋅ R2integrated
September 2009 — November 2009
Three-month contact position where responsibilities included designing information architectures and wireframes for websites at a top-10 Internet marketing company.
B.A. Communications ⋅ Goucher College
Minor: Business Management
Project Manager ⋅ Carton Donofrio Partners
August 2006 — February 2009
Managed the tactical executions of advertising campaigns for major clients at a full-service adverting agency. Experience with print, interactive, broadcast, radio and trade show advertising. Clients included T. Rowe Price, Playworld Systems, the Center for Medicare and Medicaid and the Department of Health and Human Services.
Assistant Account Executive ⋅ Harvey & Daughters, Inc.
September 2005 — August 2006
Served as the liaison between the client and the creative department at a point-of-purchase and packaging branding agency. Also, wrote direct-response copy for in-store graphics. Clients included Cover Girl and Max Factor Cosmetics.
Junior Account Executive ⋅ Chess Communication Group Company
October 2004 — September 2005
Developed and maintained strong relations with clients at the advertising agency for the Isle of Capri Casinos. First Junior AE to assist with an on-location television commercial shoot.
Associate Producer ⋅ CBS Baltimore
January 2004 — October 2004
Produced news brodcasts for WJZ-TV. Responsibilities included writing copy, editing video and liasing with reporters and anchors.